1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a new prac amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silent89, May 6, 2006.

1. Ok so basicaly: Im dirt poor at the moment. I just blew all my money on an awsome bass, but atm Im playing out of a 20watt Drive amp and I want to make use of my active pickups and also get something I could possibly play a small gig with.

now amps are generaly expensive so ive been looking at behringer who are fair cheap. their 120watt and 180watt model wedge shaped amps. My school uses the 120's (I wont bother with model numbers atm) and ive found theyre fairly good.

My main question is Berhingers reputation for bass amps. I know my guitarist freinds laugh at the guitarists with a behringer, because their guitars/bass's are kin to firewood, but from my experiance the amps havnt been bad. What is you guys opinions?

2. I played a Behringer edge amp - pretty good tone...get the 120, or at least try one out - it sounded fine to me in the rehearsal room, you may be pleasantly surprised

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

I've used a Behringer 1x12'' with 120 watts and the aluminum cone. IMO it had a decent tone, but I've heard too many horror stories about their amps, and there's always the whole Behringer rip-off scandal that people bring into play.

Personally, I suggest you go to a shop where they sell Behringers and play on one. They're decent for the price, just gotta make sure you don't get a lemon.