Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a PRE-CBS P have goodies for trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by arambass, Apr 16, 2004.

1. arambass

arambass

Jul 3, 2002
    dfw
    Hi Im looking for a pre cbs p refin. Ihave a 77 stingray to trade or a 70's SVT..817 228 9825 OR arambass@hotmail.com

2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have a '67 P bass, excellent condition (for the age), sunburst with all the covers. Not pre CBS tho (kinda in that weird transition period)....but it will take a lot more than a StingRay and an SVT!
    Pre CBS p and j basses regualrly fetch $3k and above... I have been offered $5k for this one. Just so ya know.
    Max

3. arambass

arambass

Jul 3, 2002
    dfw
    You must not of seen the word REFIN in my post.Of course any PRE CBS is worth much more..but i see refin P's Going for 1500 and up all day long so a 77 ray is definetly doable

4. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

arghh..y'know after I posted I caught that in the title......sorry.... you should be able to somewhere find one.....and best of luck
    Max

5. arambass

arambass

Jul 3, 2002
    dfw
    No Prob. Im hoping my trade will become reality tomorow at the Dallas Guitar show.Last year i saw several pre cbs P's refinned going for under 2g.And my 77 Ray is 90+ original.only a refret and neck laquer removed for a satin. original sunburst light checking.