Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need a preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thetaurus, Sep 30, 2002.

1. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    alright...so this sucks. i sold my hartke 3500. i have power amp. i was going to buy an ampeg svp pro from this guy, but i haven't heard back from him in a few days, and i really want the amp, but i tried emailing him, but it said that his address doesn't exist anymore. the other one i was thinking about getting is about 7 years old, and the guy isn't the original owner, so i'm alittle weary about it. i haven't found any other ones for sale that i can afford. i'd rather get a good used one. so now i'm thinking that maybe i'll just get a peavey max, or sansamp rbi new. i don't know. what do you all think. i really want the ampeg sound, but can't afford new right now. any help with an svp in great condition, or your thoughts on the other two would be great.

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I don't know anything about the RBI but this place gave me a very good quote on one a while back.

Drum City-Guitarland

As for the MAX, I own one and I'm very pleased with it. It's not an Ampeg but it is a very versatile preamp that is capable of producing Ampeg like tones with the proper tweaking. I repeat, it's not an Ampeg but I feel that it's a solid preamp at an inexpensive price. My suggestion would be to see if you can find either the RBI or the MAX to try first, then see how close they come to the tone of the SVP-Pro. Jason at Drum City is also an Ampeg dealer.

3. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    actually...the guy with the ampeg emailed me back...so i'm pretty relieved right now. it's used, so i can easily afford it, and it's an ampeg. that's what i really wanted anyway...thanks for the help though.

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm glad that it worked out for you.