need a refresher on ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by progplayer, Dec 26, 2001.

1. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Ok just to make it clear. I want to run my WT-600 into a D210XLT in bridged mono. I know the cab can not take handle it but all I want to do is just use it for practice at low volumes. Is this safe?

When I use it for practice with the band and shows I put it in stereo with my other 8ohm cab.

I want to play it safe. I told that kid that was trying to sell me the JR Goliath III that his speaker is blown and that the right speaker was farting up a storm!!! He says no way but when he told me he use to run a freakin' Peavey 700w head through his JR Goliath III its no wonder the thing is screwed...Thanks for the info
  2. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    It is fine if you put 600 watts into it. As long as you aren't turning the volume and bass all the way you should be ok. And make sure you don't clip the amp.
  3. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    This is what I thought. Thanks!

This kid that let me borrow his SWR JR Goliath III (the one with the marble grill) was trying to tell me that his cab is fine! When I plugged it into my WT-600 in bridged mono I played and it sounded good UNTIL I hit the B string. It started to fart like mad! So I thought "SH*T! Did I do that?????" But the master volume was only at 9'oclock and no clipping occured. Further inspection showed the cab had a tiny sticker on the back that said "ATAS Speakers LLC #-------" I then assumed this kid must have had the speakers repaired before or something.

Then the other night he asked if I would want to buy it for $150, he's trying to get rid of a bum cab to me!!!! I told him again, "The right speaker is blown" He insisted there is nothing wrong with it. When I asked what his rig use to be his answer, "A new Peavey 700w head and the JR Goliath III" This kid plays in a death metal band...I wonder how loud he pushed it....hmmmm? :rolleyes: