Need a short little one to two minute song I can play solo on. FAST!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kruton, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    So for my English class I have to do a "How to" project. Naturally I chose bass. I need a short one to two minute little song, but I cant think of one. Last semester my friend did the oompa loompa song. I will be playing by myself. Any input is greatly appreciated
    But please hurry. It is Due tommorow
  2. Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Try learning The Awakening by les's pretty simple and you should be able to cut out a little bit seeing as you only need 2 minutes......oh, and shouldnt this be under recordings?
  3. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    If you play fretless, I recommend Jaco's version of America the beautiful, which is usually titled Amerika. The birthday concert version is real nice I find, and not that hard to play. It sounds a lot better on fretless than fretted though.
  4. Wicked World from Black Sabbath, the intro line moves pretty fast and sounds good unaccompanied. NIB from Sabbath is great too, if you can pull it off in a day. In fact, most Sabbath songs have great basslines that sound good alone, so check them out if you are interested in that music. Can you tell I love it?

Good luck!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Orion's a killer song, might be a bit hard and complicated to learn though, its a pretty long song and the pattern is never the same.

I would say look into Black Sabbath. Lord Of This World, Into The Void, or Iron Man is fun to play also.

If you prefer something softer, I'd go with Arctic Monkeys, though some songs are complicated. If you decide to give that a go try the songs Fake Tales of San Francisco or From the Ritz to the Rubble, they're both fast paced enough.

Well, on the other hand, if you're a geniusly talented young bassist, why not blow everybody away and give Metallica - Anesthesia Pulling Teeth a go, pending you have a good distortion pedal ;)
  7. Stu Hamm... I can think of a few of his. Country Music and the Peanuts song come to mind
  8. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    If you can tap, do a few bits of Stu Hamm's County Music, it'll knock them dead, I used it in a similar situation with the result that I now get harassed to play it all the time :oops:.
  9. Herman

Dec 25, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'm just curious - why'd you wait until the day before to figure out what song you were going to play?
  10. bassistjo

Jun 22, 2005
    do the jeopardy theme song i did the same how to thing played this song and got an A+
  11. Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Well I ended up not going today. And she assigned it on wednesday and it was due today friday. I don't know if I want to learn The awakening or go with country music since I already know it. BTW, those were some awesome sabbath songs, I have never really listened to them. Thanks a LOT for all of your help. So what would you guys rather hear in a boring old classroom, country music or The awakening?
  12. Go to the michael kelly site and download the dragonfly fretless acoustic sample song, it's a great little solo piece.
  13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Since there's no drummer, I'd go with Country Music. IMO, a big part of The Awakening is the drumming.
  14. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Yep black sabbath rules, glad it could help ;)
  15. Is there anything Sabbath can't help?

16. Geometry homework mostly.
  17. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Hehehe, bassist humour, I like ;)