1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a small amp suggestion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pbman, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Pbman

Pbman

Jul 23, 2001
    Boston Area
    I was recently asked to join a new band. Already I'm playing with a classic rock/ Blues situation. So for power I'm all set.

This new situation is very low key, volume wise, and more about the vocals. 2 acoustic players and a mando/ percussion player and me.

I do have an old Silver face Bassman which I think is 40 watts. I could use a 15" cab, that I do have or get a 12" somewhere

Or buy, I've heard good things about Mark bass but have not tried them yet. Also, I'm trying to keep the cost down otherwise I'd go for a Old B15
    Thanks for any help
    Rich

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I would go with a micro GK head great tone and great value.

3. spacebassed

spacebassed

Jan 31, 2009
    If you've got a SF Bassman (which is 50w, btw) and a 1x15" cab, it sounds like you're all set. A Bassman wants to see a 4 ohm load. I play a lot of acoustic music (I use a B15) and the best advice I can give is to use flats - it gives the music a nice supportive bottom and stays out of the way of the frequencies of the other instruments.

4. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    +1. The MB200 is small and affordable.

Also, the TC BH250 might be worth a look. If size and weight aren't main concerns the Hartke LH500 has a nice price tag as well.

5. Pbman

Pbman

Jul 23, 2001
    Boston Area
    Thanks Guys,

I remembered that I had GK -2 x 10 cab at a local jam I keep gear at. I'm going to try that with the bassman too. Plus a band mate offered me his bassman combo to try too

Thanks