1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need a Small PA for rehearsal only

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eclipse7, Aug 26, 2002.

1. eclipse7

eclipse7

Jun 24, 2002
    I need a small PA for my rehearsal room. The room is about 11.5’ by 15.5’ with 8’ ceilings, not a big room but enough space to rehearse. We don’t need to run any of the bass or drums through the PA. The only thing I want to run through the PA is the lead vocals from our singer and I may put a mic in front of the guitar players amp. We will probably add additional mic’s for background vocals later.

I am looking at the Complete PA in a box type setup. I know these are a waste as far as expandability, but I wouldn’t mind spending $300 to $400 for a PA that would only be used in the rehearsal room. If we ever get to the point that we are ready to play out, then I would make the investment in a high quality PA system. I just don’t want to spend $5000 on a PA system until we are positive that the band is going to work out.

There are quite a few systems out there: Kustom Profile One, Crate, Nady. Any opinions on these systems or any suggestions on a different way to setup a small PA for rehearsal. Again, I don’t ever intend on trying to use any of this PA gear for anything other than rehearsal. I will probably rent PA gear once we are ready to gig and then I can try renting different gear until I find something that works well for us.

Thanks.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

For small rehearsals, I'd go with a combo. PEAVEY KB300 or something like that.

3. I think a good way to go - no matter what you use to drive them - is to get floor monitors as your speakers. You could have more than a couple, each member could have their own and they can go right where they're needed. They don't cost a lot and they stack easily for when you need to load out.