1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a TEMPORARY fix.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassplayer222, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Bassplayer222

Bassplayer222

Jul 21, 2011
    So, I'm a drummer who had a bass amp left at my house, which is pretty much turned into me becoming a bass player. Thing is, after a year, the owner of said amp has come. By the end of the month I plan to buy a 180 Watt amp that I like a lot. But until that I need a temporary fix.

I have 6 large stereo speakers that go to a 80s recordplayer/radio/CD changer/etc. I only use 2 of these and the other 4 are completely fine to be blown out. I just want to hear my bass for practicing in the next few weeks. Can someone help me figure out how I can amplify my bass through these? I know it's possible

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    What inputs does your stereo have? If it has a mic unput, you might be able to use that. If the bass overdrives into the stereo, you can turn down the volume on the bass to help. I've done it once in desperation. ;)

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yeah, you can plug the bass in the stereo if you keep the volume on the bass way low. If you need to get some adaptor plug to make it all work, fine. I don't know about where you live but around here you can get those little 10-15 watt beginner practice amps used for dirt cheap all day long if you'd rather get something like that. $20-$40. Sell it off again when you get a real amp. Or hang on to it for practicing late without bothering people.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    A year huh?. What about storage fees? How long until you can claim squatters rights?:D