Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by basshooks, Sep 15, 2004.

1. I am upgrading a Brice 6 string fretless with a EMG BTS Control and two 45P pups. Does anybody know a way to keep the Brice pushpull volume control (Active/passive), and the balance control, and add the BTS Control.

2. rossmadia

rossmadia

Mar 26, 2004
    I don't have an answer to your post but was wondering if you ever got this figured out. I have the HXB-406 and was wanting to upgrade the pickups as well and can't find any info in the wiring. Also, since this is my first modification to a bass, I was hoping for some tips.... :meh: I'd like to add some Barts to get the lower growl, but don't really know how to proceed.

Thanks,
    Ross

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Basshooks...If you're using EMG active pickups, there is no way to have a passive mode.

Because EMGs are active, their output impedance is much lower than passive pickups and you'd need to have lower resistance pan and volume controls (dual 25K and 10K ohm range vs. 250K or 500K) for best results.

Rossmadia...there is a wealth of wiring info on Bartolini's site...