Need advice about a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fachie3, Feb 2, 2002.

1. fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.

I am in the market for a new bass - I have an open budget - sort of ...5k and under:)
    I play most classic rock - play mostly 4 string but willing to jump to a 5.
    I also play with a pick if that matters - not to much slap.
    I am basicly looking for a good quality bass that fits in these areas.
    Since it's been sometime since my last purchase I wanted to get some advice and or opinions of what is out there and what is a rocking bass - looks are good but tone is where it's at.
    I would rather have a great sounding bass than a good one that looks better.

I look forward to hearing what is out there.

2. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    5k? You can get just about anything! It sounds, however, like a really good P-Bass is what you need. Try a whole bunch, before you buy anything, though.
  3. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    I was thinking the same thing as CP. I have a Lakland Bob Glaub, and if I had 5k, I'd buy 2 more. Seriously.

Sadowsky also makes a version of the P-Bass if you have the opportunity to try one of those.
  4. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    get a fender jazz bass i like them, or get a warwick or musicman. jesus, anything. gimme some of it so i can get a new amp :)
  5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Just buy a few MIA P-basses, backups never hurt. ;)
  6. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    A 5-string, dual humbucker with coil taps. Or two, or three....(5k, you're mad...)
    Well tried out by yourself!!

Man, 5k, you can use half of it to travel around the world to find the most proper item!
    Or, much better, have your neighbour luthier make you one perfect fit!