Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need advice for a new little amp,practice little gigs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I need to know why,s amps,60 to 100 watts are goods amps for me,in this time i need a little one for practicing in my room and for little gigs,later i go for the big one but now i need a 60 to 100 wats,the first amp that i find is this,tell me. :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Ashdown Five Fifteen..is good?

[​IMG]

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Ashdown Electric Blue....good reputation,is good or not?

[​IMG]

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    SWR LA15

[​IMG]

5. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    I like Ampeg.

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    me too but they are a little expensive for me now,remember i go for new bass Fender,new stand,new strap,new tunner,new care kit,new everithyng :rollno:

7. A friend of mine had one of these, sounds like a pile of **** to be honest, was horribally horribally crap, in that my Peavey Rage158 sounded better for bass (and its a 15 watt g****r amp!)

Look into peavey bass amps, the TNT combo is good, but you could probably buy a second hand half stack for fairly cheap and be set for a fair time !

8. If you can afford a new TNT, you might as wel go for an ashdown MAG.

Anyway, you're wasting your money on 100w if you want to gig. You'll have problems if your drummer is anywhere near loud. I've heard the five-fifteen and its nice to play if you're playing alone (or maybe with 1 guitar), but nothing more.

9. meh, but look at a second hand half stack, thats what id say, the 100 watt combo wont be much use for long i dont think

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    mate,

what ever you do, don't get that fender with the flashing red lights... what the *@$^ were they thinking...

11. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I sold my Peavy TNT 9 months ago for personal problems,my TNT have installed a Black Widow speaker and have many tricks inside,the sound was awesome,but its no longer with me,i need a new comming now :crying:

12. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Kustom makes both a 65W and a 100W combo amp. I have the 65W for practice and it puts out enough sound to go with a drummer and guitar. I've put the knobs all the way and still haven't hit the threshhold of fart. The 100W is only maybe 100 dollars more than the 65W and will be fine at small gigs I'm sure.

13. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    nice..you have the link..thanks for your help. :)

14. move up to a peavey head and cab, very nice ;)

15. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005