Need advice for amp purchase

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassplayerCD86, Dec 11, 2002.

1. BassplayerCD86

BassplayerCD86 Guest

Jan 11, 2001
    Ontario, CA
    I've never had a reason to post a message at the boards because every question i have ever had was already answered, but here's a more personalized one that i can't find search results on.

I'm looking to purchase an amplifier head in the following week. What would be the best amp in the price range of $350-$400? I know its not much, but there has got to be something decent for this amount of money out there. Thanks in advance
  2. Hartke's 3500 has plenty of power,280 watts 8 ohm,350 watts 4 ohm,and sounds good.A new one goes for about $450 but you should be able to pick up a used one for around $300.A used Ampeg B2 would be pretty nice too with about the same power.With the money you want to spend don't go for anything less than 300-350 watts.Low bass tone takes a ton of power so this is about the minimum to get good bottom and still keep up with the rest of the band.
  3. I agree, Hartke 3500, most bang for the buck.....:D
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    May I suggest Ampeg BA-115 or B-100R ?
  5. You can find a used Peavey Firebass on ebay every now and then for around $400. I think they're the best bang for the buck in that price range.