1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Advice for Rickenbacker Purchase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jackajesusfreak, Apr 24, 2010.

1. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    Hi all,

I've bought and sold about 20 guitars/basses in the last 2+ years, but I've never paid more than 700 dollars for one. I'm interested in purchasing a Rick and don't feel like I can afford the price for a new one. So I'm looking at used.

If you have the time and are experience in this area, take a look at this link. He is offering this to me, for 1300 shipped. If you look at the second picture of the back of the bass, there is a white spot in the upper right hand corner. He says it is 'wear' showing through. I have asked him for closer and better pictures of the 'wear'. He is in the process of putting that together for me.

I know I have a very little chance of getting a 29 year old bass in pristine condition but I don't want one that's all beat up. I can get the exact model on Ebay, except it is a 2009 and has been sitting in a case and played one time, probably for 1700. I know that is 400 more than I truly want to spend. I don't know. What's the opinions and advice here?

http://www.rickresource.com/forum/vi...p?f=6&t=394857

Thanks,
    Jack

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    Buying a used Ric is a good idea. I prefer the 4003 to the 4001. I prefer 1986 or later.

For the 4003 the newer it is the better it will be. (for the most part) But pretty much most any 4003 made 1986 or later will be a solid bass.