Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need advice GAS clouding decision making

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 17, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Here it goes

I just got a set of pick ups (bill lawrence) to put in my schecter model T robert deleo bass. Duncan desighn are the worst things i have heard. I allso have an fbb 5 string on the way. The problem is when i get the fbb i might not want to play anything else but this bass and maker. From what i understand they are that good. Should i save these pickups and have them put in a custom order bass by fbb or go ahead with the schecter. I am doing alot of moving around the next few years so i will have to limit what i take with me from place to place. FBB owners are encouraged to respond. Thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, if the fbb is supposed to sound that good with the stock pickups, why take a chance on screwing it up with different pickups? Put 'em in the Schecter.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

4. MAJOR METAL

HELP

5. MAJOR METAL

BUMP

6. Don't do anything until the fbb 5 comes in. You may decide to sell the schecter. In that case changing the PU may de-value it a bit. jmho

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I believe he's saying he might want to commission another FBB to put them in...not whether he should put them in 47 when he gets it.

I'd say wait a while too. If you end up selling the Schecter, may as well sell it stock, new pickups probably won't get you a higher selling price. You might end up losing a little that way.

If you end up really liking the FBB and want another, you can have him use the p'ups then.

If it turns out not to be your cup of tea, you sell me #47 and put the p'ups in your Schecter.

Did I miss any contingencies?

8. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Mark

I love your sound clip on your infinity:)

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    thanks! That's the one I'm having the most difficulty parting with. Not sure if I can let it go yet...