1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need advice (laptops)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, Jan 9, 2007.

1. I want to buy a notebook for school use and to watch movies (I'm not into gaming) I'd like to buy new since I have had several problems buying used stuff. The problem is cash I'd like to spend around 800 dlls.

My options at this point are a refurbished Ibook G4 and a HP pavillion dv2000z wich one is better ? Any other options ?

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    i have an iBook G4, actually bought if off the TB classifieds for $750.

best purchase i ever made.

3. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Mac makes a great product. They don't become outdated as fast as most Windows-based computers (in my experiences).

4. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Until I saw the 800 part I was gonna recommend a macbook.

I still recommend a macbook, however, they start at 1099.

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    get a mac. i dont have one(actually love my acer travelmate) but i think they are just generally more sound than pc's. garage band is awesome too!

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I have a G4 iBook and I love it, but today I'd save few dollars more and get a new MacBook - they're around 1k I think and a much faster than the G4's. Well worth the investment.

If you don't have the cash, get a older 2nd hand G4 iBook for $500, there's really no point to pay $800 for a refurb G4 that's not that much faster.

7. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
  8. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    save another 100 bucks or so and get a refurb macbook directly from Apple.

9. Yeah I'll save for a mac book , guess I'll have to sell my guitar goodies .Thanks for the replys