1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEED ADVICE ON A BERG 322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAISKESO, Mar 2, 2008.

1. My berg 322 went out on me last night on my last set on the gig without any signs before the last set, when i pick up my bass and put up the vol only the highs was working so i had to go straight to the house pa but same thing with their monitors blew also fortunately i had signal out in the house pa so i was just trusting my playing coz i cant hear me in the stage .This morning ive tried the unit again and it was fine for few minutes and went out again. By the way i am using the plx 2502 and fx1 alembic preamp i set the plx on stereo MODE so it would not be too much on the wattage so i was running 800 watts 4 ohms on 1 channel and i was at the 12:00 on the amp same thing with the preamp almost flat with bright and deep switch on. any advice is it the amp , preamp or the bass mtd 535? .thanks fellow tb'ers

2. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    On the 535, what were your preamp settings like?

3. The pre amp was flat all the way with bright and deep switch on.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    That's quite a coincidence the monitors did the same thing. Are you absolutely sure your bass sounded right in the "house PA"?

If you were running a DI out from your preamp to the sound man, I'm guessing the problem may be in your preamp.
    Next time it acts up, try plugging your bass directly to the poweramps input. It wont be nearly as loud, but it should immediately restore a full range tone if I'm right.

If your sound man was using a DI box for you, your problem could even be somewhere in your bass.
    (could even be a near dead battery in an active bass or possibly even a defective cable somewhere)

5. Yes he said i was fine in the house pa which is i doubt also but tha crowd was digging the tunes. It was hooked up on my direct from the preamp and i tried to use their direct box also but my monitor was blown also and after the gig i tried direct to the power amp and it did the same thing, but it so strange that it was fine when i tried it today for about 20 mins and it went bad.

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I'd guess theres a heat related problem somewhere in your power amp. But I'd still try to find a way to substitute each and every componet of your entire rig as a test to be absolutly sure.
    (even if you have to use your guitarists gear at low volume levels)