1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need advice on Ashdown Electric Blue 180 vs MAG300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bipedalgoat, Nov 1, 2018.

1. bipedalgoat

bipedalgoat

Nov 1, 2018
    First of all, hi everyone! Probably a bit of a newbie question, but I'm kind of new to all this bass stuff, as I'm used to tube guitar amps and their wattages. I'm looking for a bass head, which apart from playing bass I need for sending a lower octave from an octave pedal when playing guitar in a two piece band. So I searched the used market and was left with those two amps. Now, is the 180 watts going to be enough for rehearsals, small gigs and bigger gigs with PA or should I go for the 300 watts? Also both of them are older england made versions and the MAG300 is converted from a combo(but I'm guessing that doesn't really matter). I can get both of them pretty cheap but would definitely prefer to go for a cheaper option if it would do the job. What do you think?

2. First of all welcome to Talk Bass. It would be helpful if you fill out your profile fully. It helps us tailor our advice to better suit your needs.

You make no mention of a speaker cabinet. You certainly are going to need one for playing bass and bi-amping. IMO the more powerful unit would be the way to go if the cabinet you use it with can handle the power.