1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need advice on building a web site

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tuBass, Apr 5, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I recently became the web master for my church's web site, mostly because I was the one who complained the most about it's lack of functionality. The profider only offers clunky templates with no flexibilty, and many web page changes have to be made by the provider at a fee of $90 an hour. I can build a web site using frontpage, but what do I do about getting it the web? If you want to check it out, it's name is
    www.mesquitebiblechurch.org

Could somebody guide me to a good, reliable web site hosting service that won't cost my church an arm and a leg? Also I am a little unsure about registering a domain name, and if that is done before or after finding a host. We have an all-too-long domain name now, but I don't know if it would stay with our current provider, or we would be able to take it to a new service.

Thanks for any advice,

Mark

2. jitsoa33

jitsoa33 Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    lafayette, ca
    your site looks fine....

www.freeservers.com has good hosting, and there are some other good ones...check out www.pcworld.com and look for web hosts.

to get that name onto a new provider, you would have to cancel your account on the old host (duh) and register the name on a new host.

3. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
  4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD