Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need advice on cheap PA cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I joined a cover band, but we have no PA to practice through. The singer's been going through a guitar amp, but that's getting old. The guitar player bought a powered mixer, so all we need now are some cabs. MF and Mars have Nady 15" cabs for $130. Does anyone have any experience with those. They don't have to be great, I just don't want to get stuck with real crappy cabs. Or should we try to scrounge together some more money and maybe get a couple Yamaha SE series 12" monitors?

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I bought a couple of Nady PFW12 12-inch Floor Monitors for our Praise Band. Same as you, I didn't expect much for $100 each, but they're not bad at all. The 1/4" jacks are plastic, and they use that cheap carpet covering, but they sound pretty decent.

- Frank.

3. I don't know about where you live, but around here (Minnesota) places like Music-Go-Round usually have a pretty good selection of good quality used PA cabinets...stuff like JBL...at reasonable prices. You may have to play the price haggling game , though.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii