Need advice-on drop tuning

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mytt88, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mytt88

Mytt88

Jan 18, 2011
    Hey guys. Need strings that can cope with C,F#,B,E,G#,C# and
    B,F#,B,E,G#,C# tunings.

I also want them to be bright sounding as I use a plectrum. I use an Ibanez atk 4 string bass if that needs to be considered?

Thanks in advance

2. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    So BF#BE and CF#BE ...
    The problem with using normal sets designed for all-fourths is that dropping the lowest string makes it too floppy. Circle K Strings sell drop tune sets that have gauges chosen to result in all strings at equal tension in a drop tuning.
    Alternatively you could build a custom set from single strings of another brand.
    Which gauges to choose depends on your preference for tension, what gauge do you prefer for an E string?

3. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    I was going to say either Circle K or DR DDts. I have tried the DDTs and I like them but everyone on here rages about the Circle k strings. I did my research, bought some and they are hanging on my wall until my Warwick gets back from the shop (they tell you not to coil your strings and they only coil them during shipping). I am not going to lie, I am jonesing to try these strings out.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021