1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need advice on power

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. So being pretty satisfied in the bass and rig department I'm more focused on my pedalboard than ever. Getting ready to switch from a pedal train mini IMG_1651.JPG

To a junior set up like this. I had to substitute the b7k for the b7k ultra and the line 6 pedal wireless for my shure glxd, and the Hof on the right will actually be the SubNUp but they are roughly the same size as their substitutes. IMG_1987.PNG
    Actual pedals are...

Shure glxd (250ma)
    Boss cs-2 (4ma)
    Tc SubNup (100ma)
    Darkglass b7k ultra(20ma)
    Darkglass duality (30ma)
    Tc hall of fame reverb(100ma)
    Tc flashback x4 (300ma)

What I need help with is power. As you can see I've been using a one spot to power my PT mini. I'd like to move to something more professional but I've been looking and it seems like most power supplies come up just short as far as needing two high power lines for the flashback x4 and the Shure. Obviously their are some huge ones that can do it but I'm tryin to be frugal about it. I don't want to buy a strymon Zuma for example if I'll be fine with something that's $100 cheaper.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    The Cioks Adam was designed to fit under a Mini, but the Pedaltrain Volto is also very flat and is rechargeable - if that's something you're into.

3. Selling my mini and moving on to a PT junior.

4. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Weird - when I replied, there was just a couple of sentences and a small thumbnail of a mini board.

Refresh and BAM. Sorry about that.

Old Reliable Voodoo Labs PedalPower 2 has two high-power outlets of the 8 available.

Nephilymbass likes this.
  5. Yeah I accidentally hit post before I was done lol then went back and finished the post. Sorry about that

6. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    Pedal power 2+!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  7. The Voodoo PP2+ won't be enough for the Flashback, the highest mA it can deliver is 250

8. I would recommend either the Truetone CS7 or CS12. I have the CS7 and it has 4 9v outputs of 200ma, 2 9v 500ma and 1 18v 100ma. The CS12 has more obviously. The CS7 is very affordable too at $120 usually. I'm currently running 12 pedals from mine and have absolutely no noise whatsoever.

9. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    I use a Decibel Eleven Hot Stone Deluxe. Hasn't failed me, and I use 7 of the 8 isolated outputs.

One cool feature about this power supply is it has 2 variable voltage outputs, from 5v to 9v. If you hook this up to a distortion, it's supposed to emulate the sound of a distortion pedal with the battery near it's end. Maybe more for guitarists for this one, but still a neat feature.

It has a switch for 110v-220v. 2 400mA outputs, either 9v or 12v. 6 other outputs at 9v, some can also be 12v if needed. Comes with multiple types of adapters. And it's priced less than the Voodoo Labs power. Really an insanely good deal.

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This, hard to beat those Truetones. Mine actually replaced a Decibel 11 which are great too, I just needed more outputs. Plus the Truetones are about the only power supplies that have 500ma outputs.

groovebass5 likes this.