Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need advice on selling my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jtpoulin, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jtpoulin

jtpoulin

Dec 10, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I live in the Boston area and I am selling a 2001 Warwick Thumb bass (neck-through-body) that is in excellent condition. I need some advice on selling it. What is a fair price? I bought it brand new shipped direct from the company for about $2000. I've seen them sold used in stores for around $1800 and online for around $1500. I tried selling it on ebay but because I'm a new ebay user I had no feedback and people were reluctant to bid. Any advice? Thanks a lot.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    As far as eBay goes, buy and sell a number of small, low-priced items. You could have a dozen positive reviews in your account within a month and only spend a few bucks doing it.

As far as the bass goes, I've seen Thumb neck-throughs sell in the low thousand mark ($1000-$1400) quite regularly-occasionally less as well. It all depends on how the market is, and the market is occasionally flooded with Thumbs, although they're usually bolt-on. Look through the ads on Bassgear.com and the Harmony Central classifieds to get a feel of what people are selling their Thumb basses for. Also, do a search on eBay for completed items only of Thumbs; this will give you a fairly accurate idea of how much yours might sell for if you decide to put it on eBay. Hope that helps.

3. jtpoulin

jtpoulin

Dec 10, 2002
    Boston, MA
    thanks man