Need advice on selling my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jtpoulin, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jtpoulin

Dec 10, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I live in the Boston area and I am selling a 2001 Warwick Thumb bass (neck-through-body) that is in excellent condition. I need some advice on selling it. What is a fair price? I bought it brand new shipped direct from the company for about $2000. I've seen them sold used in stores for around $1800 and online for around $1500. I tried selling it on ebay but because I'm a new ebay user I had no feedback and people were reluctant to bid. Any advice? Thanks a lot.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    As far as eBay goes, buy and sell a number of small, low-priced items. You could have a dozen positive reviews in your account within a month and only spend a few bucks doing it.

As far as the bass goes, I've seen Thumb neck-throughs sell in the low thousand mark ($1000-$1400) quite regularly-occasionally less as well. It all depends on how the market is, and the market is occasionally flooded with Thumbs, although they're usually bolt-on. Look through the ads on and the Harmony Central classifieds to get a feel of what people are selling their Thumb basses for. Also, do a search on eBay for completed items only of Thumbs; this will give you a fairly accurate idea of how much yours might sell for if you decide to put it on eBay. Hope that helps.