Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Advice on smaller rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cheezkid, Mar 1, 2006.

1. cheezkid

cheezkid

Mar 15, 2002
    Connecticut, USA
    I've been gigging for a while now and I'm getting tired of luggin my 100 lb. 4X10. I've been thinking of moving to a 1X12 or 2X10 and I'm curiose to hear anyone's experience palying out with either of these cabs.

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    If you do a "search" on either 1x12 cabs or 2x10 cabs you'll find a ton of information.
    Many of the members here regularly gig with either. A couple big consideration you need to think about are the volume levels that you need and the tone that you're after. You'll find a wide variety of opinions about both types of cabs and which ones work best for different applications.
    There are also cabs that range in price from the amount you could scrape together from under the car seat to several thousands of dollars. Think about the specific needs you have, the tone you want, the budget you have and then go out and try a wide variety of different cabs with YOUR bass and YOUR amp to see which works best for you.
    Best of luck.

3. TreeChild

TreeChild

Feb 28, 2005
    Wimberley, TX
    gallien krueger neo 2-12. 64 pounds, crazy low end, and tons of definition. i think this cab blows any 410 clean off the map.

4. UrbanIvy

UrbanIvy

Aug 1, 2004
    San Francisco
    I was in your same position hauling a 120 lb 4x10 to every gig.

Picked up a Schroeder 1210 and all problems solved. Super light and more power than the 4x10.

Highly recommend you pick up a used one.