1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need advice: Trace Elliot, Genz Benz, and Randall amplifiers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Infrascope, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Infrascope

Infrascope

Mar 15, 2010
    I'm looking to get a new amplifier and could use your advice on which brand.

I'm going a little (but not too much) high end here, since I want to eventually gig with it. I've looked around a bit and found a couple of good ones in my price range.

There's a Trace Elliot 715X (which I think is 500W) combo amp for about AU$1400 which I really liked. Does anyone here own one of these? I would really like to get your opinions on the sound and build quality.

Then there's this mini amp, a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0, which I'm kind of suspicious about for some reason. It retails for about the same price as the TE, but is a lot lot smaller.

Another one is a Randall 200W RB200X combo which is about half the price of the TE. Does anyone own an RB200X? What do you think of it?

Anyway, even if you have no experience with the above three amps, I'd really appreciate it if you could recommend any other good amplifiers over 150W.