Need Advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shortygotbass84, Nov 2, 2003.

1. :bassist: Hey everyone, I'm sorta new here sorta not. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on someone just starting out in their first real band on bass, singing, and writing collaborating with their good friend. Any suggestions are welcome =) Thank you! ~Rach
  2. Rae Rae, what kind of music are you doing?

My advise would be to you as the bassist, to make sure you get a drummer that you can work with.

Btw, I really enjoyed your website, you should post that picture of you playing your bass as your avatar!

Welcome to TB and bass in general!

3. if you are just starting out it is hard to walk into a band that is already together and looking for a bassist. unless they are beginners too. it is good to play with people that are better than you because it forces you to get better. but you have to be on a somewhat equal playing field. my suggestions would be to find friends or people that you alrady know that play instruments. perferably guitar and drums. and just get together and play stuff. play some covers and work on your own stuff. just have fun. then you can get better together and it could turn into something cool.
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey man, just try to have a lot of fun. Since you are a beginner, it will probably be hard for you to come up with stuff fast.
    Just try your hardest, and have fun man, that's a key part.
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    A really good idea! But, she needs to become a supporting member first!

;) :)
  6. SSSHHH.......that's next!

7. Thanks guys for the help and compliments on my site. I redid it today so go look again =P Thanks for all the suggestions and I'll try them out. Funny thing is what was mostly suggested is where I am now lol Thanks! ~Rach
  8. I like your updates, looks great!

Hope to see youpost more here at TB.

9. :bassist: You bet I'll post more if people like you will talk to me lol Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome you are great anymore advice is appreciated and when you visit my site make sure to sign the guestbook if you want!!! ~rach