Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mondo, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Mondo

Mondo Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    St. Augustine Beach
    I am looking to buy a new bass this week and I am having a hard time choosing what bass is best.
    The basses that I am looking at are a Lakland 44-01, MTD 4 or MTD Hier 4, And a Spector NS2000 Q4. The only one I have not played is the Spector. I have played the 6-string version and the only thing diffrent about it is the 2 extra strings same pick-ups and all. What I really need here is some input on what bass what suit my needs the best. I play styles from Jazz, Metal, Rock, and Blues. I also had shoulder surgery about 1 and 1/2 years ago so I need a bass that is somewhat lite. So please help me with this I have spent 2 nights with little sleep thinking of this. Also I can not spend more that $800.00 on the bass.

Mondo

2. Mondo, none of the basses you listed are light in regards to weight.

The Fender Zone and P Lyte Deluxe are the lightest basses on the market at a wopping 6lbs each.

I do like the Lakland 44-01, the best over all from your list though.This bass is versatlie and well made.

Kevin is a real stand up guy too!

[​IMG]
    Treena