1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mondo, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Mondo

Mondo Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    St. Augustine Beach
    I am looking to buy a new bass this week and I am having a hard time choosing what bass is best.
    The basses that I am looking at are a Lakland 44-01, MTD 4 or MTD Hier 4, And a Spector NS2000 Q4. The only one I have not played is the Spector. I have played the 6-string version and the only thing diffrent about it is the 2 extra strings same pick-ups and all. What I really need here is some input on what bass what suit my needs the best. I play styles from Jazz, Metal, Rock, and Blues. I also had shoulder surgery about 1 and 1/2 years ago so I need a bass that is somewhat lite. So please help me with this I have spent 2 nights with little sleep thinking of this. Also I can not spend more that $800.00 on the bass.

Mondo

2. Mondo, none of the basses you listed are light in regards to weight.

The Fender Zone and P Lyte Deluxe are the lightest basses on the market at a wopping 6lbs each.

I do like the Lakland 44-01, the best over all from your list though.This bass is versatlie and well made.

Kevin is a real stand up guy too!

[​IMG]
    Treena