Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Advice......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist15, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I would like to ask you guys something. I am wanting to sell my bass but I dont know what to really sell it for. It's an Ibanez SR406 . Ive barely had it that long. I bought it used for about $435. I was thinking about selling it around $380. Does that seem reasonable or should I ask for more. This bass is a beauty and is in great condition. I jsut really never got into 6 string bass and I now want to jsut get a MIM Fender. So jstu tell me what you think

2. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    If you bought it used, haven't had it very long, haven't done any damage to it..., you paid $435 - so ask 450 and take 435. It's still used and in great shape. No? :)

2cents

3. ask what you paid if you bought it used and its in the same condition.. you may not get it but its worth the shot.. and if not you could always get 400 for it... still better then taking a what seems to be unnessacary 55 dollar lose on it.

4. pm sent

5. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    This bass is still used and is in the same condition , If not better then when I got it . Me and my dad went through and cleaned it up. So its prob almost better then when I got it. Should I really ask $450 for the bass?

6. What you ask for and what you will get are two different things.

Just don't undersell it. If you've done some necessary work on it, then I say ask the $450. Good advice would be to make sure that the setup is sweet, the instrument is clean and shiny, and if possible throw in a strap and lead. Little things like this will get you more money.

Good luck

7. IMHO what ever you do try your best not to trade it, most music stores will low ball you on what they will pay you for it. If you are selling it yourself ask for what you paid plus $30.00 and as someone already suggested take what what you paid. Good luck!!! ;)

8. I bought my SR406 second hand for $350 from evil Bay. Great shape, except the seller had NOT cleaned all of his nasty hand grease smudge crap off of the neck, and that's never a good sight in the hands of an OCD person, like I am. If it makes a difference I have the older 5 knob version in natural.

-ryan-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.