Need Advise on more powerful amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rncf87, May 5, 2005.

1. Rncf87

May 5, 2005
    hey i have a Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass combo, and as my band is growing to be louder its just not able to keep up with the guitars and drums. and when i try to turn it up i get a rattling/static/fuzzy noise. also when we play gigs most times they direct input it to the PAs and i can never hear what im playing. so i was wondering if yall had some thoughts on any amps i should get. i havent really looked around much, but cheaper is always better, im thinking at least 300-400w, and some way i might get around the DI problem at clubs, since we're gonna be touring some this summer and i dont wanna have that problem the whole time. i dont know if it matters but we play stuff ranging from fast punk to ballad type stuff, so i need something that can handle really aggressive attacks, but at the same time has good sustained sound.
  2. I'm in a very similar situation. My GK Backline 115 :rolleyes: just won't keep up with the guitarist's Marshall half-stack.
  3. tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    If you are in a volume fight, guitarists tend to win out. Solutions are:

1. Get people to turn down
    2. Go head and cab(s) NOT combo

Avatar, Dr Bass, Yorkville, Kustom are at the lower end of the price spectrum and it goes on up from there. Behringer has some inexpensive cabs too but there will be flame wars if anyone claims that they are any good! (I'm ducking already so just don't bother!)

When things get out of control, best thing you can buy (and I am not joking) - are "hearos" or some other kind of ear plugs to protect your precious hearing - you'll not regret the $3.00.

Good luck
  4. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Peavey makes affordable heads that put out decent tone and excel in reliability. They are not known for great tone but will get the job done.