Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Allman Brothers tab for "Jessica" ASAP.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Upright, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Upright

Upright

Apr 11, 2001
    Littleton, Co
    Having a hard time finding bass tab for this tune. I need it for a friends wedding, the bride requested it. And you know there is no way of talking her out of it. I've looked all over the net. If anyone has any useful info it would make my day. Thanks

2. I've never heard that song, but is it able to learned by ear? If you find the key, and the chords, go from there. Practice, practice, practice. If you're running out of time (wedding date) you might wanna try just learning the chords and improvising on that, but again, I haven't heard the song.

You'll probably get some better help from the big guys.

And I'm out
    lowtones

3. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    If you don't find the tab and have no time, try and make a line up yourself. Just a simple one that provides rythm and outlines chord changes. After all, that is what your job is in a band.

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    That one ain't going to be easy. It's a fairly intricate tune (for rock) with lots of harmony and unison runs. Don't think tab would cut it for that song...it'd be a huge unreadable mess.

5. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Just play "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" instead, thats a good replacement, same type of song, I think better. Good Luck