1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

need amp advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by desinova137, Nov 28, 2002.

1. I am fairly new to bass, iv been playing a borrowed bass out of a 3 inch speaker ment for portable cd-players. Im getting a new setup and i need advice on a cheap (money wise) bass amp that will provide much sound and will hook up to other amps without knocking the sound out of the original hookup. I would appreciate some advice on the subject and on future upgrades. Thanx

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    The first question is: what does cheap mean to you?

Some folks are slumming at $1,000 and some folks have a $50 budget.

The second question is: what do you want the amp to do?

Bedroom practice, quiet acoustic work, playing metal against 2 Marshall stacks?

3. well my budget is about $500 and i need it for playing metal against 2 marshall half stacks and a keyboard amp and drums but can be turned down for bedroom practice

thx

4. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    In the $500 range your best bet might be to find a used head, maybe an older GK 400 RB and buy a cab from Avatar or find an older used cab. A 4x10 from Avatar, $321 shipped, an older GK head $200 to $250 would be a reasonable price. My thoughts only...