Need Amp Purchase Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rogerbmiller, Oct 2, 2003.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I need to buy a new amp. I am thinking a small but powerful combo amp with lots of features. My amp for years has been a GK MB100-- 100 Watts, lots of outputs, features, big sound, but it is crapping out and I am not sure if it is worth it to fix it.

Id'd like to get something similar in size, features and guts as my GK but have not been in the amp market for 17 years and have no idea what's even out there and how much it costs. I would appreciate some suggestions to help me narrow down my research. Would like to also keep the price reasonable as i hardly ever gig anymore.

2. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    If you like the tone, just get it fixed. Those little GKs are great amps!
  3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I hear people like the peavey BAM although Ive never played throough one. Fender has a new 210 combo too that looks nice but again Ive never played through it. Peavey is probably the best bang for the buck if you dont mind the tone but I feel that it leaves something to be desired.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'll second that!

BUT... if you are looking for change, the Ashdown ABM 300 / 1x10 is a smokin little combo. The Mag series from Ashdown is a great little combo too (I use a Mag 200 / 1x12)