1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need an Amp Recommendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeanT, Dec 26, 2006.

1. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Ok, so santa just brought me a Yamaha BB414 and I'm looking to upgrade my amp from my 30-watt peavy Microbass. I need something with more power, more balls, and more tone options.

I'm only going to use it in the house to practice and fool around, but I want to be able to shake the walls :). Space is definitely an issue. My budget is $400-$500.

I'm thinking no less than 100-watts. I'm also thinking combo amp because of the limited space I have, but would love to get a head and cab if I could find a relatively compact setup.

What would you recommend?

2. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    for your price range, i would definitely look for used equipment... i'm fond of the older gk 400rb or hartke 3500 amps and then i'd probably get some 1x15 of some kind (peavey, bag end, older mesa diesel, etc). that's just me though... what other amps have you played and liked or not liked?

3. snowdan

snowdan

Feb 27, 2006
    many amps will do that.

SWR workingman 10, 12...hartke kickback 12, whatever. 100 watts into a 12" will be plenty for you.

4. snowdan

snowdan

Feb 27, 2006
    or some used head of your choice and an avatar 112.

5. glh056

glh056

Aug 24, 2006
    fender bassman,ashdown blue 180 will also be good choices

6. TyronPotamkin

TyronPotamkin

Dec 12, 2006
  7. A+ 0n the Carvin combos. I have two PB-100 watt combos and running just one will rattle the walls and windows. These things are really loud. On occasion I have hooked both of them together, and the wife made me stop,:D :D for a little while. I have mainly used mine for home practice, but I'm sure they could handle small gigs without any problems. :hyper: :bassist: