Need an Estimate on my Squire

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FourStrings88, Nov 12, 2005.

1. FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003

I am selling my Fender Squire (p-bass) to someone and its is the display one they used at Mars music before the closed.So I got it for a good has a few nicks and such in it but not a lot.Just two or three.I was pretty stupid and I put two stickers on it and I am trying to get them off and if anyone can help me with that I would be greatful.How much do you think I can get for it I was going to ask 100....but actually try to start out like 120 and then make my way down to 100 :p

Well lemme know =)
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Where are you? How are you trying to sell it?

Is it the Affinity series or the regular Squier line?
  3. FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    Oh I am sorry.
    I am in Florida and we had a garage sale or something in my neighborhood and some guy asked if they had any intruments and my dad got his phone number.
    It says "Affinity" and the volume knob is a bit loose but I have another from an old bass kit
  4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    $50 tops. Affinity's are $119 instruments to begin with, usually pretty subpar. You'd get lucky for $40.

Personally, I'd probably part it and throw it on eBay.
  6. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I'll chop it in half with a comical axe for 20 dollars.
  7. To remove stickers(I know cuz I've done this many times), peel them off. If they come off clean, lucky you. If not, go to a paint store(they should have this stuff...I got mine at the paint department of a Canadian Tire, but you may not live in Canada and I don't know the equivalent of such a store outside of here) and get Goof Off. Apply a little bit to the sticky part and rub with a clean. It should come off. Depending on how easily/hard it comes off determines how much more you put on the bass to get rid of the rest. You may want to polish it afterwards. It should not(has not happened to me, but is still a possibly) remove the finish.