need an experienced opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acacia, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I played this bass today:

Any idea what a fair market price is for it? Only needs minor cleaning up. Plays great!

In typical pawn shop fashion, the guy says "I'm asking $1,000, but what can you give me for it? I've got another guy coming back later to look at it as well." haha

I told him I'd think about it.

It was in nice shape overall.

Thanx in advance.
  2. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    I've seen Sabres in a few places for 800-1400, but it really depends on the overall condition.
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    considering it's basically the same thing as an g&l l-2000, i wouldn't pay as much for a used sabre as i would for a new g&l. i'd say ~800-1000 would be max, depending on the condition. look at the auction you posted - only made it to $510.
  4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I wouldnt pay anything more than 650.00 for it! It maight be worth more than that but you can probably get one from ebay for less than that! If its in better shape than the one on ebay from those pics id say 800!
  5. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    the one in that link is the one i played.

thanx for the info folks.
  6. Check out
    also check out some of the links on this forum for Pushic or DP Custom Basses. I have two of them and live in Virginia Beach VA so you are welcome to come over and see one first hand. They are by far the best basses I have played at ANY price!
  7. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    wow, great prices on those. drop me a line sometime. I'm thinking of organizing a local talkbass meeting.
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, people think they get bargains on ebay but all the evidence I've seen, points to the fact that they actually pay "over the odds" because they get caught up in the bidding and feel that they have actually "won" something - whereas all they have gained is the right to pay somebody the highest price that was bid! :rolleyes:
  9. That was an interesting bass you had there Acacia.BTW,it was good to see you at Alpha Music the other day.Anyways,I hope you snag a Sabre for a good price!!! As far as the local TB meeting is concerned,I'm game!(We know what sushi bar we want to meet in?)