1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need an L2000 body for my ASAT!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by wyleeboxer, Feb 22, 2008.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ok my ASAT sits in the closet b/c I cant bring myself to play it, just too uncomfortable without the horn. So Im in the market for a L2000 body so I can swap everything over, but are the neck joints the same width?

Thanks for any info

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think it would be a better idea to sell the ASAT and buy a complete L2000 with the skinnier neck (I see skinny necked L2Ks on Ebay on a regular basis). Theres no telling if your Asat neck will fit snugly in another neck pocket- they aren't as uniformly mass-produced as Fenders where you could almost always mix and match parts. The only difference between the ASAT and the L2000 is the body shape and the standard 1.5" nut width.
    Karl

3. I tried this, and I can say for sure that the neck pocket of the L2K is a bit larger than the ASATs. At least, the ASAT that comes with a #7 (standard) neck. I had to shim the pocket to make it work. Of course, I COULD have just gotten an odd L2K