Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need an opinion on a Traynor Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Propyro, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Ok, i was in a guitar shop playing around with soem random Yamaha and Epiphone basses on a traynor Bass mate 25. The amp sounded pretty good to me, but my ears suck when it comes to disecting music. I can't tell a good tone from a bad one unless it's really bad.

Any ways i was wondering on what you guys think of the traynor Bass Mate 25? I'll be using it as my practice amp since all i do is play in my room i don't need a massive amp like what i've seen some of you guys with ... plus i don't really have room for one ... theres pictures of my room on my website ... but we warned ... it's a geocities website and the pictures are huge ... one person tryign to look at them will probably kill my bandwidth for a day or two.

[/|\]

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Traynor makes some good stuff. If you like the sound of it, get it.

3. they make good stuff, i've got a monoblock II and couldnt be happier about it, and for an even $200 for a 300w solidstate amp it rules. and if you're not quite happy with the sound, just get something like a sansamp box and you'll really be in business, and for cheap too ;)

4. No, i think i'll go for the bass mate 25. for what i need it to do it's probalby more then enough amp for me. But if i can figure out the bass boster problem the thing has it would be nice.

[/|\]