Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need? Another New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jefft54, Jun 3, 2005.

1. OK TB'rs, I know it's Friday and we're all busy but a short while ago I asked for and received opinions on a new bass. The overwhelming choice was the Geddy L. So I've ordered it and it's on its way. NOW, I'm looking for a second bass that would be a contrast to the jazz in tone and versatility. I'm looking at active basses with more tonal choice and have a few in mind such as the Lakland Skyline 44-01, Tribute L-2000, and MM SUB X02. These are all in the 600 to 700 dollar range and want to keep it there. You've havn't led me too far astray yet, so what do you think of these choices? any other idea's. I had'nt considered the GL until one of you suggested it.
    Thanks
    ps, I play lots of classic rock, covers, and am venturing into jazz/blues standards.

2. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    shouldn't you wait until your Geddy L comes, so you know what you've already got before you buy another??

3. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    the lakland is very versitile. congrats on the Geddy that's a consistantly good bass.

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Spector,go to Bass Player Magazine site and read the riview of new Spector,s..they are good basses.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Isn't the MM S.U.B. a passive bass?

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    You can get one either way.

7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Fender American series,Schecter Stilleto,Warwick Rock bass,and the best option will be Yamaha BB414, :bassist:

8. Heck no, I've played the GL and know the sound. Altough that would be the wise thing to do, I'm not that wise.

9. Comes active and passive