1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Audacity Help....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tdub0199, May 12, 2011.

1. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I'm using a Zoom H1 and downloading the files to a folder on my pc, using audacity I edit the songs as much as desired and then save the file but it saves as ".aup" file.... How do I convert this file back to a mp3 or wav file so i can put it on a cd for my bandmates to listen to? Thanks Terry :help:

2. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    I don't have the software in front of me, but I've done this plenty of times.

There is an export to mp3 option, probably in the first pull down menu. It may ask you to install a plug-in for audacity to be able to do this. I had an older version of the software that required it.

Install the plug-in if needed, then export you file to mp3.

3. When you open audacity, click on the ' File " Menu. There's an option to convert what you have recorded into .wav format. I'm not sure about the conversion to .mp3, but as far I can remember, there was an option to convert the recoding to .wav format.

4. File->export as wav

??

If you have the full version you can File/Export as mp3 otherwise you will need to use another free program like Switch.

Also... if you go to Project/Save Label at Selection you can mark the tracks then File/Export Multiple will save as seperate tracks.

5. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
  6. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I Have two computers, one is pretty old (work Computer) so i downloaded the older audacity sodtawre fot it and I see the export to wav & mp3 on it but my computer at home has windows 7 and I downloaded a different version for it because it was recommended.... and it doesn't have the feature to export as mp3 or wav.... should I just use the older version on my newer pc?

7. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thanks so much guys I think I have it now.....

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

You've probably done this already but you have to download and install the mp3 dll file found on the website. I do this all the time. I also have a Zoom H1 and utilize the same process.