Need: boogie and shuffle riffs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by billoetjen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Please to excuse if this post is repetitive.

I have an opportunity to tour abroad (not "a broad," that's something different). It's a pick-up band and we're expected to put on a couple of sets per night of Blues. A mix of boogies and shuffles. I need a modest inventory of riffs to make it through this.

Problem is, I'm an older guy and my fingers don't fly. :meh: My strength is keeping the groove.

Can you awesome TB'ers recommend some songs/sources of riffs that I can borrow?

Thanks in advance.

2. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    studybass.com has a boogie/shuffle section. Some of those riffs can be played in one position with minimal finger movement...like a boogie riff in G, C, d, F, E and B for example.

G, B , D, E, F__E, D, B as an example. The others play in 1st position also. You can play around with those for a different feel.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021