1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need bridge advice

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by basssoloist, May 12, 2010.

1. basssoloist

basssoloist

Dec 31, 2009
    Hello again. I have a Douglas WPB-980 Fretless and would like to upgrade the bridge. The bridge is 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" and I am wondering if I could replace with single string bridges. I don't want to drill any new holes, if possible. lf that's not a good idea, can anyone recommend a replacement bridge? I have emailed Kurt of RondoMusic.com, and he can't really give me any advice (except to upgrade the bass to a better ($$) one....). I have googled and googled, but no help. I can't even find any how to's on bridge replacement for a bass? does anyone know of a link that can help me on this? I am confident that I can do it, but would like a detailed how to first. I did search the forum, but still couldn't find anything. What really frustrates me is that the websites that sell bridges don't even give measurements such as length, width, hole size and distance between holes, etc. I wonder why that is? I guess that you have to email them separately.

Can anyone help this rank beginner? (getting better and better every day!).

thanks.

:crying::confused:

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    How about posting a picture of your bass. From the images I have seen after googling your bass, it looks like a Hipshot would drop right in. Unless it's an expensive bass I wouldn't worry about having to drill new holes unless the bridge you want doesn't cover the "footprint" of the old bridge.