Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Combo Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Oct 12, 2002.

1. $400 USD is what i have...need something as powerful as possible...play rock, funk music..
    i was thinking maybe a used Peavey TNT 115 or a new Ashton BA150 (aussie brand...thats where i am from) any other suggestions would be good....wanna be able to hook it up tp a PA to

thanks

2. Ive been looking around the net....and found these amps that could be a possibilty
    SWR LA15
    Hartke B90
    Ashdown Electic Blue 13012/13015
    Behringer Ultrabass BX1200

The Behringer i dont know about sounds to good to be that price and i heard its made from old car parts(heheh not sure though) i have been told the best amps are made in USA and UK
    so any suggestions about theses amps would be good...pros cons

thanks

3. a peavy bass amp popped up on www.ebay.com.au today. Check it out.

Take a look whats available in the trading post too. I've seen some bargains pass thorugh there.

I tend to think that second hand is the go but others might not agree. If possible play before you buy too.

4. Thanks...i was always intending to try before i buy if possible but i would like to know what to try. The Bass Combo 115 is to expensive for me even used looking at that.
    THe Basic 112 looks an alright price but i dont know about the loudness....i aslo want the amp to be able to hook up to a P.A system...i think its called the D.I out or something correct me if im wrong

anyways thanks for the help

5. $950 is the reserve price isnt it?
    oh well i think it is anywyas

6. Thats the "buy now" price. You pay 950 if you want to buy it now. The reserve would most likely be lower than that but we wont know till its passed.

7. hey wilks do you know much about ashton amps there is a 150 watt one at the local music store for $800.....seems a little to good ot be true for a brand new amp....and im not sure about the relibility of Ashton amps

8. Ashtons are the budget Aussie brand. Mostly for beginners. $800 is the going rate for the BA150.
    I've never owned one of their amps so I couldnt tell you all that much about them. Maybe you should start a thread asking about them.

9. anyone else got any ideas/suggestions?

10. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Look at the Fender BassMan series, the 60, I believe.
    For the money, they'll do the job pretty well.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I don't know the availibility in AU... but I just picked up an Ashdown Mag Mon 12-200 for $300 USD

200 watts into a 12 with an external speaker out for an additional 8ohm cab.