Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Discription of Sound

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by spectorman-z, Dec 22, 2001.

1. I last played a Spector in 1994, roughly. I am REALLY wanting to get a nice USA model. If you guys can reasonably remind me of that tight, cutting sound, I'd appreciate it.

2. Oh yeah, I don't live near any stores that carry them...

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    :confused: what??

4. Try to describe what a Good Spector Bass sounds like, If you can. ie. compare A bass versus B bass if need be. Easy!

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    What I don't understand is why you need someone to describe what the bass sounds like if you've already decided to get one.

(and I have to apologize in advance because I have nothing useful to offer, I've never played a Spector. sorry! :) )

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Man,weve got alot of music stores here in Rochester,hard to believe that no one has a Spector.Have you tried "The Music Store" in Webster? I know they carry Ken Smiths and Warwicks,I wouldnt be surprised if they had Spectors too.

Beyond that,maybe try Northfield Music in Pittsford.

Good luck.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The Spectors sound pretty bitchen, yet slightly less bitchen than, say, a Lakland 55-94.