Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need dome help with electronic parts...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Trevorus, May 19, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I need to convert an EMG 5 knob system into a 4 knob system. I have been looking for a dual concentric pot with a linear taper at 50K ohms. I have been unsuccessful finding the right parts. Anyone know of any good suppliers for these? I need knobs as well. Any help is appreciated.

2. Some of these types of pots are hard to come by. I know the aguilar OBP-3 is available with a stacked bass/treble and that the aguilar takes 50k linear pots on the EQ. You might try emailing someone like www.bestbassgear.com. I really can't say that I've run across a concentric 50k linear and I've been looking at a lot of parts recently. Maybe one of the more experienced luthiers has a good suggestion. My only other suggestion would be to try www.digikey.com or www.newark.com that are straight electronics dealers.

3. Audere

Audere Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 7, 2005
    South Beach, OR
    Owner: Audere Audio
    Check out a alpha 31VW405 from www.mouser.com

4. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    Aguilar sells some, as their OBP-3 preamp requires 50K pots. I've got a couple of their 50K dual / concentric pots laying around. Lemme know if you want one.

:^)~