Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Electronics Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Noobai, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    No idea where to post this, sorry if its in the wrong place.

I play a Ibanez BTB405QM 5 string bass. It uses 18v active pickups.

The wires connecting my batteries have come undone. In order to sauder them back, I need to know where they go and stupid me has never payed attention to it, not expecting my bass to really fall apart on me, as it has :\

Theres a black wire to a splitter, along with a red wire. Problem is, I seem to be 1 wire short.... I dont know. If anyone has any schematics, or instructions, that owuld be great, as soon as possible. Thank you!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Give us some pictures.

Also, if a mod could move this to pickups, that would be awesome.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    +1

4. I suspect your batteries are wired in series. If so, then put one 9 volt connector red to the red of the splitter. Connect the black of that connector to the red of the second battery connector and put heat shrinkable tubing or electrical tape over it. Then connect that connector's black wire to the black to the splitter. 2 9 volt batteries wired in series gives you 18 volts.

5. thedoctor

thedoctor

Jun 20, 2005
    As long as you still know where the red and black wires came from the bass's electronics, good to go. Do yourself a favor and go buy two new 9volt battery clips from Radio Shack or somewhere and hook a black from one clip to a red from the other. Then splice the remaining red and the remaining black to the wires from the guitar.