Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need feedback on a Fender Bassman 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Can anyone give me feed back on this combo amp? is it good what are its strong or weak point???

-Vince

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Ive got one that Ive been using for about a year and a half. No complaints. Cuts thru a loud drummer and two loud guitarists no problem, has great tone imo, and is well built. I like it so much I bought a Bassman 60 for home practice.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I own and use a bassman 200 on a very regular basis.
    I am the bass player for 99% of the school sponsored groups @ my school and it has survived the year so far in use. It has just completed a year in marching band where conditions can be unfavorable [moist, raining, really cold & wet] and it has survived well.
    I've had trouble with it twice so far, the first time it wasn't anything to do with the amp-it just turned out the source i was drawing the electricity from wasn't quite charged enough for my amp [we use a few batteries + an DC to AC inverter for marchign band]. This time-i think there might be a loose wire-if i stick weight on top of the amp it looses a lot of volume and sounds a bit distorted however if i push on the top of the amp it goes back to normal. I think it's just a loose wire. I play for jazz band, marching band, show band, & show choir band and it lets me get all the tones [and nearly all the power] i need.
    Not sure if you're in highschool or in the midwest for that matter but if you are check out the Lafayette Jefferson Bands to hear the BassMan 200 in action. If you have any specific questions email me & i'll try and answer them. thats all

4. I played the 300 series for 5 straight hours last week. It has nice features, nice tone, and no bottom from low E up to A. The rolloff below low A is very noticeable.