Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Has anyone else got/played this game? I've got in on Xbox and it's driving me crazy! It's a real improvement over Underground 2 but there are some aspects that really, really make me mad. Like the fact that some guy in a modified Fiat turd box can easily outrun my heavily modified Lamborghini! What the hell? It doesn't matter how much time and money you spend on upgrading your car, the computer cars will ALWAYS be just a bit faster. They will always be able to catch up on the last lap or the last leg of a sprint circuit regardless of how crap their cars are!! I watched 3 opponents smash into a wall at the first bend on one sprint circuit. I watched the map and the didn't move for nearly 1.5 minutes. I raced flat out, didn't hit anything, and got to the 80% mark before they even left the first corner. Sure enough they were able to catch up and I only one by about 3 car lengths. What kinda crap is that?? :confused: Their top speed was over 350kmh. What incentive is there to win races and upgrade cars knowing that the computer will always be as fast or a bit faster than you regardless of what you drive? Stupid.

And why can't my car take off without laying rubber? I want to do is take off whithout wheelspin. Even my piece of junk starting cars have difficulty taking off normally. You think it would be easy with an analogue trigger control, but no. I just spent 12 minutes outrunning the cops only to get caught because I stopped the car and I couldn't take off again without doing burnouts :mad:

... ok.... time to take a deep breath... :oops: Does anyone else with the game find these things irritating? What's your experience been like?

2. I think if it didnt have all those elements then once you got to a certain point, you would absolutly dominate and then the game would be no fun.

I love the game!

3. ya it's like that in racing games, the opponents should always challenge you, if not the game would be no fun. the difficulty arises mostly from the fact that faster cars are hrder to drive.
    I think you can switch the catch up off by the way(on the pc)
    the burnouts I agree, but well... too bad, you can't do 180 handbrake turns either

4. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I love the game and can't put it down. I am just getting past #11 and it is getting deeper. The one thing I have found out is don't crash on the state cops. They box you in pretty quick. I had no arrest until I got to wanted level 3 and I got caught 3 times.

5. funk2live

funk2live

Jan 4, 2006
    anybody got the black edition for ps2? where is this 67 camaro that supposed to be unlocked?

6. It would be nice to be able to turn off the catch-up. I think it really ruins game. I understand that it needs to be challenging, but having an AI that quite obviously cheats is no the way to make the game challenging. Perhaps EA were too lazy to create opponents that got increasingly more difficult as you progress up the blacklist? It's what they should have done.

I'm up to blacklist number 3. I've got close to 8,000,000 bounty and about $1,000,000