1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need good "iconic" bass line suggestions

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by fretlessman71, Jul 16, 2020.

1. fretlessman71

fretlessman71 Still beats havin' a job Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    Recently I've had fun transcribing whole songs. I just did Crossroads, and a few days back I did Boureé. Both of these fit into the "iconic" category for me: they've stood the test of time, they're fantastic performances, they're at least somewhat "bass-centric", and the bassists themselves could at least arguably be thought of as virtuosos. Please give me suggestions for songs that fit this category! Thanks!

oldrocker likes this.
  2. Elton John - Madman Across the Water. Elton had such a variety of great bassists play on his early recordings and this is no exception. Plus, it would be a rarity -- I have not seen notation, tab or a YT cover of it.

fretlessman71 likes this.
  3. glennonbass

glennonbass

Jan 29, 2008
    How about Intro to Sweet Jane Live version?

fretlessman71 likes this.
  4. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
  5. proverbs10_4

proverbs10_4

Jul 16, 2020
    Dennis Coffey - Scorpio

GalleyCat and JimK like this.
  6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Few years back, Bass Player did a transcription of this...

7. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    TV & Movie Theme Songs,
    "Sanford and Son" - 'Street Beater'
    "Barney Miller"​
    Both written by Quincy Jones
    These 2 song's bass line intros are still easily recognizable as the shows are still in syndication.

"Groove is in the Heart" covered by Deee-Lite
    It's a slowed down version of Herbie Hancock's "Bring Down The Birds" from the movie, "Blow Up"

8. kenmeg

kenmeg

Apr 8, 2008
    London Calling - The Clash