1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need head for a Marshall 4x10 800W 8ohm Cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twilightcall, Aug 3, 2007.

1. twilightcall

twilightcall

May 27, 2004
    Ok I am going to be playing in a rock/classic cover band. Ranging from All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, Collective Soul to Fray, Stones, and even some Allman Bro. & Skynard. Here is the dilema. We are going to be playing clubs and parties (frat and private). I don't want to bring my new Mesa Venture M Pulse 600 Head and Cabs. They sound perfect but are too nice to bring on this type of tour.

I am going to play a 4x10 Marshall Bass Series Cabinet. 800 Watts at 8 Ohms. Will be playing a 5 string Urge bass but not sure if the 4x10 can handle the low B. Do you guys think it can safely?

I was wondering if you guys could recommend a head that would do the job but not be too expensive. I want to keep the budget low or as low as possible but still sound good. The amp will probably get quite the bit of use and get bumped around a lot. I was thinking maybe a Marshall Dynamic Series Head, PV head or ?. Any info would be appreciated.

2. twilightcall

twilightcall

May 27, 2004
    bump