1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need heavier music HELP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TomA1234, Apr 25, 2010.

1. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Hi All fellow metal listeners,:D

I am looking for even heavier bands than I am into at the moment without going into the dark realms of screamo.:bassist:

Currently I like:
    Disturbed
    System of a Down
    Metallica
    Iron Maiden
    Ozzy Osbourne (His new stuff)

Yet I find myself wanting even heavier stuff!:atoz:
    Please help me find a band thats even heavier than the above that I like!

2. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    The bands you listed really aren't very heavy...

Check out Neurosis and Ministry, then take two aspirin and call me in the morning. ;)

3. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Yeah those bands are way down on the list of heavy, those are more in the Pop realms of Metal... Have a listen to some Death, Nevermore, Opeth, Gojira, Neurosis was mentioned above... Celtic Frost, Dethklok, In Flames [though, they could be argued they were closer to Pop, I don't think they are], Strapping Young Lad, Tool... Just a few there to get you started.

4. leading*the*rat

leading*the*rat

Oct 3, 2005
    germany
    Wow, there are really, really millions of bands a lot heavier...
    Check Morbid Angel, Immolation, Gorguts (Steve Cloutier is a bass GENIUS!), Triptykon....

5. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Just to warn me before I destroy my hearing, are any of the above bands screamo, because I really don't like screaming for lyrics:D.

6. Try:

Meshuggah
    Norma Jean
    Mastodon

7. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
  8. Gwar

9. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    none of the bands i posted are 'screamo' (?) but they do have harsh vocals. :)

10. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    No Need for aspirin with those two. (I think thats a good sign:D)

11. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    Are you my long-lost brother?:hyper::hyper::hyper:

12. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    ^ Why? Do you like exactly the same stuff or are you too looking for heavier music?:confused:

13. KratosNL

KratosNL

Mar 16, 2010
    Take a look at Down, eyehategod, graves at sea, weedeater, corrupted, goatsnake and crowbar and the all mighty Electric Wizard. All heavy as ****.

Oh, and if you want something that makes your balls fall off listen to some Sunn O))). Heaviest music in existence.

14. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Carnifex
    Cryptopsy
    Nevermore

15. Dunno if it's considered "heavy" by todays standards, but don't overlook the granddady's of heavy music: Black Sabbath. The first couple of albums are recommendations, although the latter albums aren't bad at all.

16. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Lamb of God, Bloodlet, Municipal Waste, Ishahn or Emperor, Katakylism, Cryptopsy, Soilwork, Sanctuary, either Halford or Fight, and the above mentioned GWAR, Neurosis (my fav), and Mastodon.

17. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    +1 for Meshuggah and Mastodon
    Looking at the bands you listed I think you like(keeping with the more popular metal theme)

Killswitch Engage
    Five Finger Death Punch
    All that remains
    As Blood Runs black(just the original album " Allegiance")
    Every time I Die
    Lamb of God
    Mudvayne
    Trivium
    Someone already said In Flames +1 to that

On the lighter side, these aren't really metal but maybe you'd like nonpoint and sevendust as well, I say that cuz you seem to almost have a similar musical taste to me(I dont really like ozzy tho).

18. Meshuggah

/Thread close

Nile is another good one

19. Check out Amon Amarth, Lazarus AD, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and Testament to name a few.