need held w/Recording stuff

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FleaRHCP, Apr 14, 2001.

1. FleaRHCP

Mar 26, 2001
    Rockford, MI
    hey all. i need some help with recording equipment. whats a affordable recorder that i can plug at least 2 mics into onto either a tape or a cd. if you know a great deal on a digital recorder thes fine something around $300. i also need some mics what are affordable good sounding ones. im using one to sing into and next to the drums and the other is by the 2 guitar amps and my bass amp(is this an okay setup?). So i need 2 mics around $50-$100 one for sing and one for amps.thanx for the help guys i appreciate it.

P.S. whats your opinion and the band name the moho for a Rock/punk band. people say it sounds cool. what do you think?
  2. FleaRHCP

Mar 26, 2001
    Rockford, MI
    somebody please reply to this
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    You may want to post this request in the recording gear forum. Or maybe one of the moderators can move it for ya :)
  4. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Today the cheapest digital recording media has to be a pc(if you already have one, and someone in the band always has acces at least one). You don't need any especial software for stereo(to channels) recordings.

If you are really on a budget and don't have much experience with multitracking but need to to get a decent recording this what you can do.

1. If you have a PA, set it up as if you were playing live, and connect the line out of the mixer to the pc's soundcard line in. Play all together and record. watch out for the sound levels.

2. If you dont have a PA, try to get a hi-fi condeser stereo mic(not a pro u know, like those that come with some stereo tape recorders). If you have anything that has a line out and accepts mic inputs use is to put it in the pc's line in. If not put it into the mic in.

3. If you don't have this either, get a cheap condeser mic(like one of those pc mics) plug into the mike in and make sure its far enough from the pc. Make sure u play a very low volume.

Of course you will NOT get hifi quality but if you experiment enough and if the performances are good you can get a good enough Idea of your music. Later you can re-touch things with sound-forge etc